Thursday, July 11, 2013

The magic wand

Off to Indy they went at 8:30 this morning. They had a jammed packed day. First they stopped at the Indy 500 motor speedway. They got an hour and 15 min tour. I was told that Tony Stewart was there but was to busy to come out. Elena's favorite part was the bus tour they went on. They took lots of picture. I hoping I can get some of the pictures to share with you.

Off to lunch they got. They went to Shapiro's Deli. Elena had the chicken salad sandwich and chocolate cake. She didn't like the chicken salad, it had grapes in it. She loved the cake.

They took a tour of the Capitol Building. As they were entering there were guards. They all thought the place was closed. Rhonda told them that there is always guards. As Elena went thru the metal detector she set it off.  So they had to use the wand on her, her necklace and watch set the alarm off.
Elena only saw a little of it. They did get to go in the Chamber and looked around.

Now for the best part of Elena's day. SHOPPING!!! I was so happy when I picked her up and saw that she had an arm full of bags. She even laid it all out and shared what she bought with me. This girl knows how to shop. I can't wait to take her to the outlet mall on Monday.

Best part of the day was traveling with her friends and the shopping.

Worse part of today was the tour of the Capital Building and the Chicken Salad sandwich.

I will add that everything I have made she has liked, but I know not to make chicken salad sandwiches for her.

2 comments:

  1. Para nosotros dia 12
    Desde el Blog de Tara y a 7000 Km de distancia, desde España, queremos unirnos al sentir de Sarah, y su familia, en este dia de recuerdos para ellos.
    El mundo es mas pequeño de lo que nos parece.
    Un beso muy fuerte
    Familia de Elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. This means so much to me. Thank you all for taking the time to remember Harper. I will share your post on Sarah's blog.

    ReplyDelete