Thursday, July 18, 2013

Class, sleepover and taking Kyle to the airport.

What a crazy few days. Yesterday I made time for everyone to go to the pool. Forecast for yesterday was hot/sunny 97 with a heat index of 115. It was so nice to get into the cool pool. Elena enjoyed laying out. After the pool we headed home for Elena to get ready for class. This week class was in the afternoon. After class she went to a pool party / sleepover at Dori's house. Dori's family is hosting Bea. All the exchanged students showed up for a fun evening of swimming. All the girls had a sleepover. Sleepovers are very common in the US. Elena seemed to have a great time. She did some how fall out of the bed while sleeping. One I picked her up at noon it was a mad dash home for her to pack for the lake. While packing Elena dropped her phone in the sink in the bathroom. The look on her face when came told me was so sad. I have never seen her so unhappy. I quickly took it apart and put it into rice. I had to tell her she will be without a phone for 24 hrs. We started sending emails out to her family so they don't get worried. My nerves are already shot with getting Kyle ready for his trip, my phone not working and trying to get us all ready for vacation. At this point I could just cry.

As I type this we are on way to Chicago to drop Kyle off at the airport. He is heading to Montana for 2 weeks. This is his first time flying alone. I'm a little bit of a basket case right now. Elena is upset about her phone. But we told her we will make sure we email and Skype with her family.

Tomorrow we are heading to Kentucky for a family vacation on the lake. Elena seems excited to meet our family and friends. She will be tubing for the first time.



No comments:

Post a Comment