Friday, July 5, 2013

Always on the go

Elena was a little unsure what a creek was. As we walked thru all the tall grass to get there I told her to watch out for snakes. Maybe not the best thing to do.
 Her and I walked to the waters edge. The water was moving fast and was cold. The only people enjoying the water were under the age of 13. Elena sat on the shore and watched the kids play.
Since she did so well with the creek we took her to dinner. Ok, I will be honest. I don't like to cook much and with it being 4th of July we decided to head out to dinner. Elena had already had to eat my burnt bread. LOL - Elena enjoyed her BBQ Chicken wrap and waffle fries. We all laughed when we tried to explain the difference in waffle fries, wedges, and tator tots.
 Elena is now asking for pictures when we go out. I love that I have someone who is like me and doesn't mine taking picture's. My family knows how crazy I am when I have the camera in my hand.
 On the bridge, thought it would be nice to have a picture with a flag in it for the 4th of July. This is also where we sat to watch the fireworks.
It was so funny trying to ask her if she knew what a Port o Pot was. Lots of laughs here. She was great when I asked her to take a picture with me. Now Jason was like" Are you serious"
 She got to watch the band play
 More pictures of the band

Here we are with 2 other exchange students and there host kids. We had a wonderful night. She even got to see how crazy America's handle sitting in a crowded parking lot waiting to get out. 45 mins she heard horns honk, people singing, talking, my kids whining. Today we are hoping the rain holds off so we take her to the lake on a boat to watch fireworks.

1 comment: