Saturday, July 6, 2013

Oh my nothing but water!

July 5, 2013 was a day full of water. We started out at the pool. The night before we ran into Ricard and Sergi at the firework show. We invited them to join us at the pool. The pool opened at 11. We got our chairs and my kids ( Olivia, Kyle) took off to swim. Elena and I laid out for a short time. Didn't take long for the boys ( Ricard, Sergi) to want Elena to come hang out. At the pool there is a beach volleyball court. I went and got the ball and we all played volleyball. It was so much fun watching Elena have a good time. I think she has really missed playing volleyball while she has been here.

Well the pool water was cold. Elena really didn't want to go in. No problem for me, I don't like to get in when it's cold either. Oh, but Ricard decided he was going to push her in. Now she was wet but she was having fun. We finally got her to go down the big water slide. Her first time down she fell out of the tube. The second time down she did great. I had a chance to video tape it. Now if I could only figure out how to get video's on here.

We stayed at the pool from 11-3, a little later than I planned but all the kids were having fun. We packed up and headed home. We had plans at 5, nothing like looking at Elena and telling her to shower fast. She was amazing, 5 of us showered and ready to go at 4pm.

Off to Payless ( grocery store) for some dinner and drinks for the boat ride. Elena was going to have her first experience at being on the lake. We meet up with the Wilmington family and headed out to the lake.

Elena seemed to enjoy the boat ride. The boat was old and the ride was bumpy. We got sprayed by water a few times. Elena didn't know what a lake was. She was unsure about swimming in it. But I did get her to get in. The water was colder than the pool.

She ate dinner on the boat and then watched fireworks over Lake Freeman. It was an ok show. We had a long water filled day. Second night in a round not getting home till after midnight. Told Elena to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment