Friday, June 28, 2013

Very excited to meet Elena.

A week ago I received an email from the Spanish teacher looking for host families. Jason and I talked about it. We both thought it would be great for our kids to learn about other cultures. So the paper work began. I received an email on June 25, from Elena:

Hello!
I'm Elena, thank you for welcoming me into your house, I have much desire to meet you and know your country and customs.
I'm sure that my stay with you will be a great experience.
Regards of my family
See you soon.
Elena
 
It was all coming together. I had went out and bought new sheets ,comforter, pillows, towels and a ceiling fan. Jason started to clean out the 4th bedroom of all his tools. 
 
As the days get closer to Elena getting here we are excited and also very nervous. The kids are unsure what to think. They seem to have really good questions for her. Trying to tell them to not rush at her at once is going to be hard.
 
I will be picking Elena up on Saturday June 29 between 5-8pm. Elena arrived in Chicago on Thursday June,27.
 
I will do my best at adding to the blog each day. I think we will have lots to share. Pics will come as we take them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment